Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Batman Comic Birthday



Ah, how I've looked forward to this! My little Nephew turns four this year, and this year's theme is Batman! (Last year he had the Toy Story 3 cake) I knew the exact cake I wanted to attempt for him this year (with matching cupcakes of course!) A beautiful design by The Designer Cake Co! The cake was fluffy vanilla with fresh strawberry swiss meringue buttercream filling, covered in fondant with fondant details (the "POW!" was a fondant/gum paste combination). Then I made chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and topped them with fondant toppers! So, so happy with how everything turned out and can't wait to see his face when he sees everything! :)

4 comments:

  1. Pow I love this! Great cake I am sure your nephew was really happy with his cakes, I know I would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think he was pretty pleased! :) I always have such fun searching for ideas when I'm told what the party plans are each year!

      Delete
  2. Could you tell me where you got the cutters for the batman emblem? I ordered some and they came in crushed, and really don't want that to happen again. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, for the cupcakes pictured here I didn't have cutters! I printed out a small template of the Batman logo and then cut out each one needed using a small fondant tool.

      Delete